Restoring Stream Systems
RES restores stream systems using both floodplain restoration and natural channel design approaches, enhances and preserves existing stream systems, and reconnects streams with their associated floodplain. We improve the values of these riparian ecosystems by meander and in-stream reconstruction, application of natural diversions, and restorative plantings that control flooding issues and directly improve water quality locally and downstream.
We help permittees obtain required stream offsets for their projects permitted under the Clean Water Act section 404 and applicable state laws, such Pennsylvania’s Clean Streams Law.
- Stream channel restoration
- Floodplain restoration
- Natural Channel Design and restoration
- High gradient stream restoration
- Watershed scale stream and floodplain restoration
- Mitigation solution design, development, and management
- Turnkey mitigation solution delivery